COMMERCIAL PROPERTY INSURANCE
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY INSURANCE
Commercial property is one of the most common types of business insurance that provides a wide range of coverage for equipment, inventory, buildings, tools etc. Typical examples of what Florida commercial property insurance covers include losses from, fire, manmade disasters, vandalism, break-in, wind and other natural disasters.
For the sake of insurance, a business property includes both the physical building in which the business resides and every other asset. Commercial building and property insurance in Florida helps to protect business owners from losses that can occur as a result of theft or physical damage to equipment or property.
In Florida, Owned or leased properties such as inventory, machinery, the actual building, artwork, furniture, equipment and supplies, signs, fences and outdoor property, valuable papers, books and documents, computers, and other data procession equipment, non-tangible items such as trademarks and copyrights, television sets DVD players, VCRs and Satellite dishes can be considered as business commercial property.
Regular Commercial Property Insurance Assessment is Necessary
Before purchasing any type of Florida commercial building or property insurance coverage, it is essential to periodically assess your Florida commercial property value. Should your premises be destroyed, you must ensure to keep copies of receipts for furniture, equipment, and other valuable items in a safe place, while you ensure that physical photos of your location are kept in another safe location. You can store its digital pictures with a web service or on your computer.
Before you buy any property insurance, be sure to get a reputable appraiser to assess your high-value specialty items such as artwork and antiques. As would be the case with other business owners' insurance packages, provide your agent with specific details about these specialty items so as to obtain the correct coverage because before a policy is written, these kinds of items are often covered for an agreed-upon price.
A statement specifying the limit of liability is generally included in a Florida commercial property insurance policy. The maximum amount to be paid by an insurer for a covered loss is referred to as the limit of liability. As stated by the policy, the insurer will typically bear the responsibility up to a certain limit while the policyholder will be responsible for the amounts above that limit. It is important that you understand how it works
Do not rely on your landlord to provide coverage for your commercial business property if you lease your Florida office or building. Typically, insurance will only be provided for the basic structure and common areas by the building. It is recommended that you carefully read your lease because there may be other penalties or requirements in the fine print.
To lower the cost of business insurance and ensure that you are fully protected, you are advised to check items that are covered and those that are not. This will help you to understand the role of the insurance should something happen to your property and equipment or if you were sued to court for damages that you or one of your employees have caused.
Ask These Questions Before You Purchase Commercial Property Insurance in Florida
Perspective is important when you explore the market for Florida commercial property insurance. By asking the following questions, you will be able to identify your needs and realize the importance of commercial coverage.
- Is my business at risk of flooding or other natural events?Florida is hit hard during the Atlantic Hurricane Season. Your place of business could be at risk of flooding or other damage. If your policy doesn’t explicitly cover these disaster scenarios, it’s time to look for a better solution.
- Does my business qualify for discounts?Risk assessment can determine the likelihood of loss at your place of business. If you are in a low risk area or if you have taken steps to mitigate fire and other hazards (suppression systems etc.), then you could be eligible for a discount on your insurance. The team at Moran Insurance will work with you to find the most cost effective policy that is tailored to your unique situation.
- How Much Liability Protection Do I Need? Subcontractors, partners, clients, and members of the public who visit your business could sue you for injuries that occur. You can incorporate liability protection into your policy that provides additional coverage. You may already have some form of liability coverage in your commercial insurance. A Moran Insurance expert will look at all your policies in detail to determine whether you need additional coverage on your Florida commercial property insurance.
- Could I benefit from a commercial insurance package?Property insurance is only one form of coverage that your business needs. It’s likely that you also need auto insurance, general liability coverage, workers comp, professional liability, and maybe even malpractice insurance if you are engaged in the medical sector. Managing separate insurance policies can be confusing and time consuming. One of our expert brokers will look at your needs from a high level, so that a custom business insurance package can be developed. You can save both time and money by purchasing all your coverage at once.
Whether you need commercial property insurance in Indian Harbour Beach, FL, or anywhere else in the state, Moran Insurance is here to help. Talk to us today to explore your policy options for the new year.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH AN INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY
Every insurance company offers unique benefits, some also have downsides. Exploring the market can be time consuming, and sometimes overwhelming. When running a business, your time is better spent on day to day operations, rather than comparing complex insurance policies.
Of course, it’s essential that you have a policy that meets your business needs. You need coverage for any expected outcome, with options ranging from workers comp and professional liability, to commercial property insurance and auto insurance. We do it all for you, bypassing many of the roadblocks that businesses can face. Our commercial property insurance policies are typically more affordable than what you would find when going directly to the market. Moran Insurance offers a simpler way to get coverage. We work with the best property insurance companies in Florida and will get the best policy that suits your needs. We reduce the average cost of commercial property insurance by finding the best packages without unnecessary additions. Your insurance policy will be tailored to your needs, which means you can customize a policy to fit.
We build long term relationships with our clients, and we will be with you as your business grows so that you can adjust your coverage as it is needed.
Don’t worry if you don’t have time to call all the Florida property and casualty insurance companies to shop for the best rates. We do it for you, bypassing many of the roadblocks that businesses can face. Our policies are typically more affordable than what you would find when going directly to the market.
Better coverage with lower premiums is what we aim for. Or, if suits your needs, we can aim for higher premiums with lower out of pocket costs. You won’t be forced to make compromises when you work with Moran Insurance.
- We maintain the largest network of property insurance companies in Florida. You will get access to policies that aren’t usually available when shopping directly on the market.
- We partner with Florida property and casualty insurance companies that are the best in the business. If a company doesn’t meet our strict standards, we won’t waste your time.
- You get more choice when working with an insurance agent. More choice means you can make a better decision for your business future.
- Ultimately, you’ll pay less, because we advocate for the best rates on your behalf.
Get commercial property insurance Indian Harbour Beach FL and throughout the state. Talk to Moran Insurance today for your free consultation.