BUSINESS OWNERS PACKAGES
Table of Contents
BUSINESS OWNERS PACKAGES
A Florida business owner’s policy (BOP) provides coverage for the tangible and some intangible assets that a business owns. The policy also adds extra protection against bodily injury that a person that visits your business or uses your service may incur. The policy can also protect your income from natural disasters, fires, and other events that force your business out of operation for an extended period.
All the protection afforded a business owner by a business owner’s policy goes above and beyond any other insurance protection that the business owner may have. This type of insurance is designed for the small and medium-sized company but can be made to fit large organizations.
The level of coverage that you need depends on the type of business that you are involved in, where you live in Florida, and the value of all the assets that you use in your business. Get BOP quotes by calling 800-554-9142, or contact us at https://www.moranfinancialsolutions.com/contact
When calculating the amount of coverage that you need for the physical and intangible assets of your company, you need to consider all assets. Most businesses or their accounting firm usually keep a running file of business assets. You need to make an inventory of all your assets and a realistic evaluation of present value and replacement costs before you decide on the amount of Florida business insurance you need.
You also need to consider relatively intangible assets like data files and computer information that could be lost in a fire or through some natural disaster. Special forms of Florida Business insurance can cover this type of loss.
Even if your business is completely destroyed by a hurricane the bills keep coming in. One of the benefits of business owner’s insurance is that you are protected from loss in the event that a natural disaster or a man-made disaster destroys or damages your business to the extent that you cannot operate for a long period of time.
Before you decide on the amount of coverage you need you should have a good grasp of your monthly expenses involved in doing business. In some instances, you can include employee’s salaries in the policy. You will pay higher rates in the areas of Florida that are more prone to floods and hurricanes.
Usually, your other insurance will not be sufficient to pay the court costs, damages, and legal fees that a lawsuit against your firm can produce. Business owner’s insurance provides the added protection in the event that a person is injured on your premises, a person sustains injury from a faulty installation, and in most instances where a person may incur bodily injury due to a product you make or sell.
You should consider the number of times you have been sued for personal injury and the potential that your products or service have for causing personal injury before you make a decision about a policy amount.
PACKAGED INSURANCE IS BETTER FOR BUSINESSES
In most cases, packaged business insurance will allow you to purchase a single policy that covers all of your needs. This differs from bundled insurance where you would pay for several policies from the same provider.
A complete package will uncomplicate your billing and allow you complete visibility of your coverage in a single policy document.
The types of insurance that can be included in a business package include:
- Florida General Liability Insurance: This type of insurance is essential for any business operating in Florida. It covers claims like property damage, personal injury, and bodily injury. It is used to provide protection in your normal business duties. Whether you are an independent contractor or small business owner, it’s time to talk to Moran to discover your general liability insurance options today.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Whether you use a single vehicle or an entire fleet, commercial auto insurance is a must-have. This type of vehicle insurance will offer financial protection in cases where you or employees are involved in collisions or other incidents involving company vehicles. This type of insurance can cover medical injuries as well as vehicle and property damage.
- Workers Compensation Insurance: If you hire more than two full-time employees, you will need to provide workers compensation insurance. This will protect you as a business owner, while also providing coverage for employee medical expenses, lost wages, rehabilitation, and death. The policy will cover costs as long as they are incurred in the process of performing company duties.
- Professional Liability Insurance: In the course of your business, disputes may arise regarding the products or services that you have delivered. Professional liability insurance is used to cover claims made by clients who have suffered losses due to negligence or a failure to meet your business obligations. This is an essential form of coverage that no business should be without.
- Commercial Property Insurance: If you lease or own a property to conduct business, you will need to insure it. This type of insurance can cover the building itself, as well as equipment and materials, etc. that are stored on-site. This policy needs to be highly detailed. You can talk to a Moran Insurance expert today to discuss your options.
- Medical Malpractice Insurance: If you operate a medical business such as surgery, general practice, or dental clinic, you will need medical malpractice insurance. This provides coverage that is similar to professional liability insurance but is tailored specifically to the medical industry.
Purchasing all these policies separately would be time-consuming and at points confusing.
A packaged policy will simplify the entire process, and you could even save money by working with our experienced brokerage. If you are in Ponte Vedra Beach, Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami, Orlando, or any other area of the state, we can help. Give us a call today!