Article provided by: Medicare Health Experts - Florida Medicare Providers

Medicare Savings Program Florida

You must have the necessary information to choose the Best Medicare supplement insurance in the state of Florida. Many people don't even know the benefits of getting supplemental coverage for their Medicare policy.

Being covered by Medicare is important, but there is still a need to extend coverage so you can have more peace of mind. That's where Medicare supplemental plans, known as Medigap Plans, come in. 

What are Medigap Plans?

Simply put, Medicare supplement plans in Florida, or Medigap Plans, are health insurance added to your original Medicare to help pay for the expenses that your regular policy doesn't cover.

How does having a Medigap plan in Florida help me?

Generally, your original Medicare policy only covers up to 80% of outpatient services. Medigap plan policy generally includes coverage for the remaining 20% for more basic plans, although Medigap plans include higher coverage amounts, deductible amounts, and access to better services.

How do Medigap plans work?

Medicare Supplement Insurance works with Original Medicare Part A and Part B. If medical expenses must be covered, Medicare will pay its share of the Medicare-approved amount for covered health care costs. Then your Medigap plan will pay the remaining portion of the costs.

What services are not covered by Medigap plans?

In general, these policies don't include coverage for dental expenses, although there may be separate specific plans that include them.

How many Medigap plans are there?

There are ten different plans when it comes to Medicare supplemental coverage. The plans range from those that offer primary coverage to premium plans that offer much broader coverage levels.

Like Medicare plans, Medigap plans are also listed alphabetically. They range from plan A, which is the most basic; to plan N, the top of the line plan.

Who is eligible for Medigap coverage?

Eligibility criteria for Medigap Plans in Florida virtually follow Medicare eligibility guidelines. It is generally available to people over 65, although there are some exceptions. 

If you already have Medicare coverage, you can join a supplemental coverage plan at any time during the calendar year.

You also have an open enrollment period of six months, during which you can purchase any of the policies offered in the state of Florida and get coverage even if you have a pre-existing health condition. Here's how it works:

  1. If you retire at age 65 and apply for Medicare B: You have a six-month open enrollment period that begins on the first day of your Medicare B coverage.
  2. If you don't drop out and keep your health coverage: Through your employer's insurance, you will also have an open enrollment period of six months that begins when you retire and sign up for Medicare B.

Remember that choosing the right Medicare supplemental plan for you will depend on multiple factors. It is always advisable to talk to experts to identify your real needs and which plan can meet them.

If you are interested in obtaining supplemental coverage for your Medicare plan, contact Medicare Health Experts to get a quote: 561-279-3804

 

Medicare Savings Program Florida
Medicare Health Experts - Florida Medicare Providers
561-279-3804
Medicare Savings Program Florida
20283 Florida 7 Suite 421
Boca Raton FL 33498 US

View Larger Map